What forms of payment do you accept?
We prefer Venmo because it's so quick and easy, plus there's no fee. If you don't have Venmo, we also accept personal checks, or if needed we can take payment via credit card for a 3% transaction fee.
How much is the Reservation Payment?
The Reservation Payment is 40% of your package fee. Once the Reservation Payment has been received, along with the signed contract, then you're fully booked with us :)
Milky Way Shots
How do you do those epic Milky Way night shots?
We've got this down to a very repeatable process that requires minimal time or involvement from the bride and groom - it's really not that hard, as long as you have the knowledge, equipment, and the right conditions (more on that below).
1) One of us will break away from the reception for a few minutes to go set up the shot. This involves scouting out a good nearby location, setting up our wide angle lens on a tripod, and doing a few test shots to get the exposure and lighting right.
2) Once everything is set up, we grab the couple for a few minutes and put them in the picture.
3) We take a long exposure (usually 20 to 30 seconds), which captures the night sky. Part way through the shot we will snap the flash, which captures the couple. Before and after the flash, you don't need to worry about standing still - the flash will freeze your motion and capture the image that we're looking for.
Will I be able to get one at my wedding?!
We can never guarantee it, since you may end up with a cloudy night, but aside from that, here's what gives you the best chances:
1) Obviously we would need to be there when the Milky Way is visible. So your wedding day photography coverage would need to last at least 1.5-2 hours after dark.
2) Your venue needs to be in a relatively dark location where there isn't much surrounding light pollution. If you know it's possible to see the Milky Way from there, great!
3) We need a clear sky. Some clouds are OK, but the fewer the better. For optimal conditions, dates closer to the New Moon work better.
What gear do You bring?
We bring a lot of equipment with us for your wedding to ensure that we not only have everything we need for your photos, but back ups in case we have any issues with our gear along the way.
Cameras & Lenses:
3 Canon 5D Mark IVs
1 Canon 6D Mark II
100mm macro lens
45mm tilt shift lens
14-24mm wide angle lens
4 Flash Stands
5 camera flashes
2 flash triggers
4 MagMod MagSphere flash diffusers
4 MagMod MagGrips
3 MagMod MagGrids
MagMod Creative Gel Set
MagMod Standard Gel Set
2 Holdfast dual camera harnesses
1 single camera harness
8 SD memory cards
3 CompactFlash cards
8 camera batteries
2 camera battery chargers
24 double AA rechargable batteries
8 slot double AA battery charger
Crystal, Prisms & copper tubes for in camera special effects
How do You back up our images?
We take the utmost care to ensure that your photos are backed up in multiple places to protect against theft, natural disaster and technological issues. Your images will be stored in 3 different places:
The cameras that we shoot with have two different slots for memory cards. This ensures that if something were to happen to corrupt one of the memory cards, we still have a back up card with your images.
As soon as we get home from your wedding we upload your images to two external hard drives. One of these drives is then placed in a fireproof box. We then begin to upload the files to amazon photos so that they are stored online as well.
are you insured?
We are fully insured. If your venue requires a certificate of insurance stating your venue as additionally insured under our policy, this can be provided upon request.